One of the most important things to me, besides my family and God, right now is trying to get my PCOS under control. I have done a little bit of research and have found some information that I would like to share with you in my effort in trying to start a diet and exercise regime. First off, let me state: I am NOT a medical professional!

It has been shown that even a slight decrease in weight (5%) can help subdue some of the effects of PCOS. In fact, according to an article completed by Farshchi, Rane, Love, and Kennedy studies in patients with PCOS confirm that modest weight loss improves glucose tolerance, cardiovascular risk profile and reproductive function.  Modest weight loss achieved in the short term may also improve some of the endocrine abnormalities associated with PCOS (Farshchi, 2007).

That being said, what can we do to help lose the weight to live, and maintain, a healthy lifestyle? There are several diets, or lifestyle changes, that are effective in helping women that have PCOS. I have heard that the Paleo, Atkins, and watching what you eat according to the glycemic index are all beneficial. While there are many things that are positive or negative with each, I believe that you should do what is best for your body. I have tried several diets and have found I have been most successful doing the Atkins diet. However, this time I think I am going to try to do the South Beach diet.

My intention is to start doing a diet (life style change) and track my progress on here with you lovely people. I have a hard time dieting and keeping up the motivation. I have found in the past that the thing that is the best for me is when I have someone to help keep me motivated. I have done Jenny Craig in the past and I believe that I was successful doing the diet because I had someone to hold me accountable for my diet. I don’t like to go in and be told I have dreadfully gained weight when I should have lost.

Before I start, I am going to take several pictures of myself along with my current weight and my goal weight and use this blog as an online journal. If anyone would like to join me in my adventure then please do so and don’t be afraid to message me. I would love to share this journey with someone(s)! If you do message, if you wouldn’t mind, please put your current weight, your goal weight, and what you plan on doing in order to lose the weight. If you really want to email me your picture along with a several pictures and I would love to follow your progress and will add the pictures along with your updates to my blog (only with your permission, of course). My email address is fluteromantique@gmail.com.

I will attempt to post a picture of my meals for the day on a daily basis. Then, once a week I will try to post information on PCOS. Lastly, on Tuesday’s I will put up an updated picture along with my current weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment